Write for CXC Buzz!
We welcome writers & bloggers looking to develop their editorial skills and contribute high quality content to CXCBuzz.com.
You can submit for consideration an original article with contents relating to the indie Comics industry and community, and we will review it for potential publication on our CXCBuzz.com.
Before submitting articles, please:
- Follow the submission guidelines found at the bottom of this page.
- Read our guest writing guidelines below carefully. Articles submitted must meet all of the requirements in order to be considered.
Why Guest Blog for CXCBuzz.com?
By writing for us you’ll get:
- To reach a wider audience with your work.
- Help build a community of passionate I
- Share your unique voice and messages.
- Share your bio underneath your article about who you are and what you do, including a photo of you, a link to your website and links to your social media.
- Build name recognition in the Comics industry.
Are We for real?
At CXCBuzz, a subsidiary of ComixCentral we have a manifesto that guides all that we do in the world. This applies to how we operate as a team and company; it applies to all guest bloggers and it applies to our entire community.
Please read it here, and see if it resonates. If the answer is yes, we welcome you to submit articles for consideration.
The Type of Articles
You are welcome to submit articles in your area of expertise that relates to the overarching categories below.
- Independent Comics
- Creating Comics
- Illustration, writing, coloring,
pencilling, inking, etc.
- Comic Cons and other Comicbook events
- Publishing Comics
- Motivation and time management for creators
- Selling indie Comics
- Indie comics, indie comic films/tv shows reviews and previews
- Lists (ie: top 10 indie comics you should be reading in the bath)
- Interviews with industry professionals and interesting people
- Cosplay and LARP
- Video games based on Indie Comic properties. While we’re not really a gaming site, we are dedicated to promoting all media inspired by indie Comics.
- Social impact and feel good articles
Tone of Articles
One of our values at CXCBuzz.com is that we are a community where everyone is welcome and no one made to feel unsafe or unwelcome. We envelop, with love and compassion, people of all countries, ethnicities, cultures, creeds, sexual orientations, gender identities
Guest Writer Guidelines
Below are the “Do’s and Don’t” guidelines for guest writing for us. Please be familiar with this list before submitting an article.
- Submit Original Posts (no cut n’ paste please)
- Write in your own voice
- Choose a catchy title
- Grab the readers attention with a great first line.
- Word Count – Please submit articles of at least 600 words.
- Sub-Headings – Please split up your content with relevant subheadings.
- Short Paragraphs
- Videos Inside Your Article – You are welcome to insert a Youtube video into your article if it is directly relevant to the article topic.
- Accurately Quote Sources and supply links if available.
- Spell and grammar check your articles!
- Don’t send us opinion articles regarding Comixgate, gamergate or any other gate that we’re all sick to death of.
- Don’t send us articles relating to mainstream Comic publishers. ie: Marvel & DC.
- Don’t send us articles that do not relate to Indie comics.
If Your Post is Accepted & Published
- We will share your article with our global community on social media.
- We may also share articles in an email on the Pulse.
- Do our best to get your article in front of as many people as possible!
- We encourage and request that you share the article on all your own social media platforms, newsletters or other community building networks you are involved with.
Submit Your Article
Please email your article to our EIC Joey Sheehan email@example.com
Send within the body of the email please…
- Title of your article
- Your proofread article
- All link URLs added to the article
- Images that have been compressed to below 300k
- Credits for your images (including links)
- Your bio – 120 words or less
- Link for your website and/or social media profiles
- A small photo to use for your bio. (250px 250px jpg)
- Submitting an article for consideration does not guarantee that it will be published. We assess articles based on fit with our brand and community.
- CXCBuzz.com does not pay for content contributed.
- You accept any form of editing the CXCBuzz editors consider to be reasonable and necessary to maintain a high standard with posts published on our Site.
CXCBuzz reserves the right to:
- Decline articles submitted, without providing reasons. We are a very small team and receive a large volume of submissions. It is not possible for us to provide feedback on individual articles. We appreciate your understanding.
- Share your article on all our social media platforms.
- Respond to comments or questions regarding your article without your input. Of course, we encourage you to engage with your readers as often as possible.
- Adjust article titles where necessary, to help optimize reader engagement for your article.
- Make basic edits to articles (including but not limited to spelling, grammar, and paragraph/sentence structure for the purpose of improving readability).
Feel the Indie Beat
Get the CXC Indie Pulse; our FREE e-newsletter delivered straight to your inbox. Full of the best new Comix, special offers, updates and exclusive content just for Indie lovers like you!